beamian system allows you to print visitor identification labels at the check-in stage. You can configure our Brother printers that are great and fast when printing visitor labels.
You can connect the Brother printer to a router via Wi-FI network or via WPS. Next, connect your mobile device or famocos to the same network (supported by the router) and open beamian organizer mobile app. Then choose your event and configure Printer settings to complete the setup!
How to set up a Brother printer via Wi-Fi network
- Install the Brother QL-810w printer drivers.
- When installing the printer drivers, connect the printer's power cable to the power supply source and the USB cable to your computer.
- During the printer driver installation process, you will be asked to enter the printer's serial number. This number can be found on the label attached to the printer (as you can see in the image).
Once the drivers are installed, search for Printer Setting Tool on your computer and open it.
Choose Communication settings.
- Click General > Communication Settings and confirm the settings are as follows:
- Network Settings on Power On: On by Default.
- Selected Interface: Infrastructure or Ad-hoc.
- Click Wireless Lan > Wireless Settings > SSID (Network Name) > Search and select your network.
- Enter the password in Passphrase field.
- And click Apply.
- Click Wireless Lan > Current Status > Refresh to confirm that the SSID (Network Name) is correct according to the network you are connected.
- After clicking Apply, you can disconnect the USB cable from your brother machine.
Please note: If you want to connect Brother printer via Wireless Direct please watch this tutorial.
After the printers are connected to the network, read our article on setting up Brother printer to print visitor labels with beamian Organizer mobile App.
How to set up a Brother printer via WPS (router)
- Connect the router's power cable to the power supply source.
- Click ON/OFF button on the router and wait until all of the router's panel commands are active.
- Connect the printer's power cable to the power supply source.
- Click the power button on the printer. A green light will come on and wait 10 seconds until the next step.
- Click the WPS button on your router for three seconds.
- Click the printer's WPS button for three seconds. When the printer light turns blue (it’s not a blinking blue light), the printer is connected to the network. It may take a few seconds.