With our mobile app, you are able to easily check visitors in by searching for a specific visitor name or scanning visitor QR codes (printed or digital).
You can check-in visitors and simultaneously associate a unique smart badge to each visitor's data or print identification labels for visitors. Learn how to print visitor labels and how to associate an visitor smart badge at the check-in stage.
This article covers the following topics:
- Installing the beamian organizer mobile App
- Log in & Settings
- Checking visitors in
- Visitor status
- Welcome panel
Before you get started
Before starting to check-in visitors, you must make sure that all pre-event requirements are fulfilled (connectivity, trained staff, mobile devices and so on). Otherwise, you may not be able to check-in visitors.
Organizers and event managers have full access to the mobile app in order to manage all features (check-in, access control, visitor consumables, and so on). Regarding other users, such as staff teams, we suggest adding specific permissions with limited access to the different app’s features.
Installing the beamian organizer mobile App
- If you are using beamian equipment to check-in visitors, learn more about famoco devices, how to connect them and their buttons and softkey. The famoco has the mobile application installed by default.
- When using your own mobile devices available for the event you have to install beamian organizer mobile App (the mobile app is only available for android). Ask the beamian team to give you access to it.
Log in & Settings
- Log in to the app with your event organizer credentials (email address and password) or credentials for the staff access.
- Tap(change event button) to choose your current event.
- Tap (menu button) > Settings > Welcome and Access settings.
- To perform visitors check-in, choose Perform check-in.
- To choose which visitor data is displayed when searching for a visitor (by default, the visitors' names and emails are displayed) tap Choose fields to be displayed and select the fields that will differentiate the search by visitor.
Checking visitors in
- Tap Welcome.
- Tap (edit session button) and choose the Check-in session.
- Automatic: Tap (bottom-left) to use the camera on your mobile device and scan the visitor's QR Code (printed or digital). Then, if the visitor data is correct tap Submit. Once you tap Submit the visitor's status turns Entered.
- Manual: Tap (bottom-right) to search for the visitor name on the visitor list. Type the visitor's name and then tap in the search bar. Click on the visitor's name and tap Confirm. Then, if the visitor data is correct tap Submit. Once you tap Submit the visitor's status turns Entered.
Please note: If you are using the manual mode, we suggest typing only one or two names of the visitor's full name and then tap in the search bar, so that the search is more effective. Spaces between names or letters also count for the search.
Tip: When scanning visitor's QR Code on mobile devices, keep the visitor's QR Code away from the sunlight or artificial light. You can adjust the brightness on the mobile device to makes it easier to read the QR Code.
There are four different types of visitor's status:
You can check the visitor's status either on the visitor list or on the screen that shows the visitor 's registration information.
- visitor list
- registered visitor (example)
- entered visitor (example)
The Welcome panel allows you to know how many visitors have entered at your event. If you tap (refresh button) you are updating the visitors counting.